Want to make sure your grandchildren don’t get bored on your next excursion? We all know how rowdy children and teenagers can get. Your grandchildren need time and activities that will allow them to release all their energy, but at the same time keep you from spending all of yours.
The next time you set out to do a little traveling with the grandchildren try some of these ideas, they will be a sure hit.
1. Indoor Waterparks. The Great wolf lodge has 12 locations nationwide in which you can visit with your grandchildren. Your grandchildren can play in the water park while you rest in the air conditioning. Great Wolf Lodge is open year round and includes an indoor water park, scavenger hunts throughout the hotel, fine dining facilities, and rooms with multiple bedrooms.
2. Ski Resorts are a great place for you to travel with your grandchildren. Even if you don’t ski, you can sign your grandchildren up for ski lessons. Ski resorts such as those found in Copper Mountain, CO will provide your grandchildren with top notch ski lessons. In the evenings enjoy a sleigh ride with your grandchildren, or take them somewhere nice to eat. Ski resorts are almost always family oriented and will provide hours of enjoyment for those who want to ski, and those who want to watch and relax.
3. Indoor amusement parks. Indoor amusement parks are found all around our country. The indoor amusement park found at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota boasts roller coasters, Ferris wheels, and a slew of other rides for every age child. Other indoor amusement parks of note would be Disney Quests Interactive Theme Park, and Go Bananas in Norridge, Ill.
4. Family Friendly Beaches. When traveling with your grandchildren make sure and remember how much children and teenagers love the beach. Family friendly beaches are easy to find and cater to all age groups. Try finding an ocean front condo or house that has private beach access and your grandchildren will have found a small piece of heaven. Rest and relax while at the same time being able to keep a watchful eye on your children. Beaches such as Stewart Beach in Galveston Texas, and Nags Head North Carolina are sure to offer value and amenities that will make traveling with the grandchildren more enjoyable.
5. Kid Friendly Cruises. Not sure you want to be in a car for 12 hours a day when traveling with the grandchildren. Look into a Kid friendly cruise. The best of these would have to be a Disney Cruise. Disney cruises give you an all inclusive travel experience and allow the children to play while you participate in a plethora of other activities available to you. Other cruise lines offer more affordable kid friendly cruises such as the Princess Cruises, and the Carnival Cruise line offer great amenities for children and their grandparents.
Traveling with your grandchildren can be a rewarding experience. Don’t let the most enjoyable part of your next vacation be when you get to drop them back off. Take advantage of these 5 ideas the next time you set out to travel with your grandchildren.